Foundation High Horology (FHH) media center
The Foundation High Horology (FHH) media center, mainly dedicated to international media (general and trade press, bloggers, broadcast and press agencies), aims at providing all relevant content to follow in real time and cover the Watches & Wonders events around the world (Geneva, Miami, Shanghai and Sanya).
The platform allows the media to download press releases, photos and videos relating to the FHH events and its associated watch brands.
Case descriptionThe Foundation High Horology (FHH), based in Geneva, partnered with Idéative to create a new media center dedicated to the international events Watches & Wonders (former Salon international de la haute horlogerie).
This platform was initially created for a single event, Watches & Wonders Geneva, following the cancellation of the physical event due to the coronavirus pandemic. It became soon obvious that the platform would have a larger purpose and therefore was extended to all W&W events.
The platform's main purpose was to provide the media with multiple resources and contents for them to report and cover on the event. Last but not least, the platform allowed the media from all around the world to follow the event in live streaming.
Case goals and resultsGoals
- Build up a virtual event with live streaming conferences
- Deliver a maximum of contents thanks to a performing, reliable and secure platform
- Make available basic and user-friendly tools
- Replace physical meetings between watch brands and journalists with multiple contents made available online
- Several days of live-streamed conferences and events
- Several thousands of resources made available
- Several hundreds of media entities using the platform
- Personalized platform by event and easily workable for all upcoming events
- Tailor made front-end interface to manage content
Challenges- Building a multilingual website (Chinese, French and English)
- Live streaming support and management
- UI/UX due to the volume of available resources (search, categorization and information architecture)
- Setting up a newsletter system and alerts for new contents
- Facilitate contributors’ experience while enabling all contents to be edited front-end through personalized interfaces
- Possibility to download each resource individually but also to use a basket with a complete selection
- Automated video encodage available in various formats and compression for digital use
- Implementation of a CDN buffer (Akamai) linked to Drupal to enhance website performance on a global scale
Community contributionsThis project helps bring greater visibility to Drupal for actors in the watchmaking field, to the media and to the various users of this platform. Thanks to its simplicity of use, its performance and stability, Drupal positions itself as a robust and reliable technological solution.
The main contribution of this project to the community lies in the visibility for Drupal through the online distribution of case studies (social media, blogs, written press and online media, etc.)
At Infomaniak in Geneva (Cloud Server)
Why should this case win the splash awards?This case deserves to win the splash awards because it is a cross-functional project combining content, digital and technology.
This project shows Drupal’s full potential as a business application… and because for us, it would be a terrific recognition of the work accomplished!