Tourbillon Boutique new website
Tourbillon Boutique is an international network of luxury watchmaking brands which features exclusive collections and expert advice services. Located in several cities in Asia, Europe and the Americas, the website provides a link between the clientele and the physical stores and offers a wide selection of the latest creations from the Swatch Group.
The Tourbillon Boutique website needed to be completely redesigned to meet the client’s challenges in terms of communication, positioning and product presentation.
Case descriptionThis project implied switching from a website featuring stores to a website highlighting products (the latest creations from the Swatch Group’s brands). The website had to reflect the services provided within the Boutique. The real challenge was to create a “drive-to-store” website, thanks to which the client can prepare his/her visit to the Tourbillon shop.
The Tourbillon Boutique website is available in 9 languages, reflecting the global presence of the shops around the world.
Besides a revamped UX design, we had to go through a considerable research and analysis phase to build a user experience that would enhance the products on display and the various services provided.
Case goals and resultsGoals
- Design a website that follows existing web standards (performance, security, accessibility)
- Create a digital shop window that is attuned to the Boutique and products on display
- Create the digital base for the next 5 years which allows to integrate all further developments
- Provide a seamless content publishing experience for a small content creation team
- Create flexible integrations with tools and technologies critical to the client’s digital strategy goals
- Facilitate the creation of landing pages and customization of existing web pages for non-technical staff
- Up-to-date and supported UX features
- Enterprise-grade security and accessibility standards
- Simplified and optimized user experience
- Growth of web traffic with a focus on quality
- Increase of user engagement and conversions
- User-friendly tools for content contributions
- Highly performing website
Challenges- Multilingual website (9 languages)
- Tailormade development
-- 17 custom-designed modules developed specifically for the project
-- 28 external contribution modules
-- 4 active GIT branches
-- 797 commits
- Information architecture and internal linking between contents
- Prioritize information from general level to detailed, specific level
- Develop a performing, SEO-oriented website
Make the client independent to create all types of contents, even complex templates
Community contributionsThis project helps bring greater visibility to Drupal in the luxury world. Thanks to its simplicity of use, performance and stability, Drupal positions itself as a robust and reliable technological solution.
The main contribution of this project to the community lies in the visibility for Drupal through the online distribution of case studies (social media, blogs, written press and online media, etc.)
At Infomaniak in Geneva (Cloud Server)